Friday, January 16, 2009

Random thoughts

Here is a list of the randomness floating about in my brain tonight. Proceed at your own risk.
  • Bill and I are having Date-Night tonight. I'm so ready for a night out with my guy...it's been way too long. We'll probably just have dinner and drinks. We really have no excuse to not do this now that our kids are older. I think I'll just mark it on the calendar once a month.
  • I really need to blog more. But I have incredible "writer's block". I think that I may actually have "photographer's block" too. Or maybe I'm just really lazy. I think maybe I can blame it on facebook. I've come to find that facebook is sooooo easy to do - and in comparison, I really have to work at my blog. So, I guess that would fall into the Laziness category. Don't you think?
  • I'm so excited that Friday Night Lights is returning to TV this week. What a great show.
  • I need to make sure our DVR is set to record my latest reality-show addiction - "Countdown to the Crown" tonight. I've not really ever been a huge fan of these Pageant shows.... BUT...I actually know Miss South Dakota! You can get the whole scoop on Jill's blog. And I think you should watch! She's been getting a lot of air-time during the past 2 weeks and I think there will be a chance to vote for her coming up. Not only is she incredibly beautiful - she's smart, nice and a swimmer!
  • No swim meets this weekend. And no work this weekend. Hmmm...what are we going to do?
  • Have you all seen how cold it is here in the frozen tundra of Minnesota??? Crazy cold.
  • I had Bunco last night with my friends. Except we decided not to play Bunco anymore. I think we'll just get together, talk, drink and eat. What could be better?
  • I'm totally loving the last couple books I've been reading by Phillipa Gregory. She writes historical fiction from the 1500's. You know, King Henry VIII, Anne Boleyn, Queen Elizabeth... These typically aren't the kind of book that I'm drawn to, but I can't stop reading!! I highly recommend them.
  • I have a great recipe for Pesto Cavatappi that I made recently. It tastes just like the dish at Noodles, Inc.

OK. Enough randomness for one post.

Stay warm everyone!

No comments: