Monday, November 12, 2007

101 Things

I thought I’d nab this idea from Leah, Sara and Jenny. I realize it may be a little too much information – so feel free to close your browser or vomit.

I totally understand.

1. I was born and raised in a very small town in SD
2. I had 24 kids in my 1988 graduating class
3. I’ve been married 12 years
4. I arrange all the canned goods in my cupboards so the labels face front
5. I have 2 younger sisters
6. I gave birth to twins in 1998
7. I have never taken fertility drugs
8. I got just over half-way done with my Master’s in Nursing degree when I got pregnant and quit the program
9. I can’t sleep when skin is touching skin – even my own
10. I could eat pizza and ice cream every day
11. I gain and lose the same 30 lbs every year
12. I love watching my kids swim
13. I wish I could have been a swimmer as a kid
14. Every day for the last 6 months I have had oatmeal, Danactive, a huge glass of water, a multivitamin and 2 fish oils capsules for breakfast
15. I have taken 9 years of piano lessons
16. I played piano better in 5th grade than I do now
17. I know the correct technique for eating crawfish
18. I don’t like Indian food
19. I love Thai food
20. I once worked as a waitress at Perkins
21. I’ve always wanted to be an interior designer
22. I’m very organized
23. I’ve been in a bookclub for 4 years
24. I’ve walked 60 miles to raise awareness for breast cancer - 3 times
25. My mom died of inflammatory breast cancer
26. I live in fear of getting breast cancer myself
27. I had my first mammogram a few weeks ago and it was OK
28. I know all the words to “The Devil Went Down to Georgia”
29. I’m a TV addict
30. I’m a computer addict
31. I kick butt in Zuma (MSN games)
32. I’ve figured out how to write some HTML through my blog
33. I sometimes use a calculator to check my kids’ 3rd grade math homework
34. I hate math
35. If I won the lottery I would put enough money away to make our future comfortable and then spend the rest of travel
36. Oh, and I’d put a swimming pool in my backyard
37. I have my motorcycle license
38. But I’m too afraid to actually ride my own
39. I think it’s because I’m a trauma nurse
40. I’ve seen more people die than I can count
41. And that makes me very sad
42. I’m spending Christmas in Florida with my family, my sisters and my dad
43. The perfect gift for me would be a Target gift card
44. I love Target
45. I was a church organist back when I was a teenager
46. I love to make lists
47. I’m disgusted by cigarette smoke
48. I’ve never smoked anything
49. I don’t like domesticated animals
50. My favorite color is red
51. I have a huge crush on Brett Favre
52. I can’t make up my mind between Hillary and Obama
53. I really like politics
54. George W. Bush raises my blood pressure
55. I play Bunco with my neighbors every month
56. I love my neighborhood
57. I have torn ACLs in each knee
58. I’ve had 2 knee surgeries in the past
59. I drive a minivan
60. My dream car is a blue hybrid Toyota Highlander with third-row seats
61. I was chosen for the All-Conference basketball team when I was a senior in high school
62. I was a football and boys basketball cheerleader
63. Anesthesia makes me terribly sick
64. I want to learn how to play the violin
65. I like to do landscaping and gardening
66. I like to mow the lawn
67. I don’t understand insurance
68. I don’t understand investments
69. I had a minor-consumption when I was 17
70. I can drive a stick-shift
71. I love to entertain and have parties at my house
72. I miss my sisters and hope they move back to MN someday
73. I like to write
74. I want to get better at photography
75. I don’t have the patience for scrapbooking
76. I still have my Weekly Readers from grade school in a box in my basement
77. I know how to hang drywall
78. I know how to use a drill, a miter saw, a nail gun and a router
79. I’m afraid of mice and frogs but not snakes
80. I was homecoming queen in 1987
81. Holy cow – I’m running out of stuff to say…
82. I love my blog
83. I love other people’s blogs
84. I think everyone should own a Sonicare toothbrush and a rice cooker. Life changing.
85. I listen to girl-talk-radio in the car at all times
86. I wash clothes every freakin’ day
87. I like to read
88. I love a good thunderstorm
89. I like winter if I don’t have to go outside
90. I bite my nails
91. I wear size 10 shoes
92. I cry when I watch every episode of Brothers & Sisters
93. I love watching my kids when they don’t know I’m watching
94. I wish I could wear flip flops every day
95. I have plantar fasciitis as a result of #24
96. I wish I liked to eat fish – but I don’t
97. I never remember my dreams
98. My parents named me after a 1957 song by Debbie Reynolds
99. I’ve gone white-water rafting in West Virginia
100. I would never, ever, in a million years, sky-dive
101. Wow…are you as sick of me as I am right now?

6 comments:

A Day In The Life.... said...

I love this! Oh, if I had only know we shared our homecoming queen titles.... ;)

Sara Wicht said...

I hate math too! And I have a really hard time helping Sierra with her math homework (4th grade). It's hard. What does that say about my intelligence? And ok, Team Fight Like a Girl had 3 homecoming queens in 2005. (Dee was too, but in '91)

jilldaisbrenne said...

I'm so glad you like the rice cooker.

The Hertels (Paul, Tia and Seneca) said...

I don't know why, but number 76 just made me chuckle. You and I have a few things in common....#4, #22, #46 (can you say OCD?)BUT do you alphabetize your spices?

KJ said...

You are an interesting lady....

jenny said...

now that was fun stuff! thanks for sharing!