Sunday, December 31, 2006

Our thoughts on 2006 and beyond...

To wrap up 2006, Madison and I conducted an interview with members of our family. After much persuasion, the boys complied and provided us with some insight into their hopes, their memories and things that are important to them. (Ha Ha :))

Here are the questions we asked:
1. What was your favorite movie(s) of 2006?
2. What was your favorite book(s) of 2006?
3. What was your favorite TV show(s) of 2006?
4. What is your favoite memory of 2006?
5. What was your favorite song(s) of 2006?
6. What was your favorite part of the holidays?
7. What is your New Year's Resolution?
8. What are your predictions for 2007?

And here are the answers:



1. "Sponge Bob Squarepants: The Movie"
2. "Holes" by Louis Sachar
3. "The Emporer's New School"
4. Going to Grand Rios Water Park and doing the Hurricaine Plunge
5. "Best Day Ever" by Sponge Bob Squarepants
6. No school
7. To get better grades and get more AR points.
8. Everything will continue as normal...my life is pretty bland. (mom and dad say "Oh brother...")




1. "Night at the Museum"
2. "Harry Potter and the Socerer's Stone"
3. "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody"
4. Being with Campbelle and Christian when they came to visit from Seattle this summer. I got to kinda babysit them when we were in Eureka. It's fun to watch them and take care of them and stuff.
5. All the songs from the movie "High School Musical" and I also really like "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree" by KT Tungstall
6. Being with family and friends
7. I will study harder and be better at math.
8. I think that Mom and Dad will build a swimming pool in the back yard, my room will start to overflow with toys, and Hannah Montana will become my friend.




1. "The Nightmare Before Christmas: 3D"
2. "Home Theater Builder" (Bill had to pick a magazine because he hasn't actually read a book since 2003:))
3. "The Office" and "Lost"
4. Spending a long weekend in Chicago with my beautiful wife celebrating our 11th Anniversary. She's really amazing...I'm such a lucky guy...I don't know what I'd do without her...
5. I like a bunch of songs by The Killers. I love to watch The Dave Mathews Concert in Central Park on DVD. I also really like the song "Universal Remote Control" by Storm Large (of Rock Star: Supernova fame)
6. Watching the kids have a great time...
7. I want to lose 35 lbs this year
8. I predict that I won't finish the basement this year because Tammy will talk me into getting granite countertops instead, I will beat Leif at every game of "Gears of War", and that once and for all Democrats will rule the country and peace will ensue.
(I took a few liberties with Bill's responses...)



1. "Pirates of the Caribbean 2" and "An Inconvenient Truth"...obviously we don't get out to movies too much - we're more of a DVD rental family.
2. "Night" by Elie Wiesel, "Me and Emma" by Elizabeth Flock and I really like the one I'm reading right now, "Everything Changes" by Jonathan Tropper
3. "Lost", "The Office", "Grey's Anatomy", "ER", "Friday Night Lights", "Law & Order: SVU" and "Prison Break"...I know I watch too much TV
4. Spending the 4th of July weekend back in Eureka, SD for my "All-School-Reunion". Jill and her family and Gina were also there from Seattle. It was the perfect combination of friends, family, and great memories.
5. "I Will Follow You Into the Dark" by Death Cab for Cutie, "How to Save a Life" by The Fray, "Somebody Told Me" by The Killer's, and "What the What is Lady-like" by Storm Large
6. Relaxing days spent in jammies, no work, no school, no showers, watching it snow...just like today - it's perfect!
7. Eat better...Lose weight...Get healthy
8. I will eat better, lose weight and get healthy; we will take a fantastic trip to Florida next winter with family; we'll all live happily ever after in peace and harmony (now, hum the theme song from Grizzly Adams...)

2 comments:

jilldaisbrenne said...

Fun blog entry... good luck on all your resolutions and good luck on getting the pool Madison!!

Anonymous said...

There is no way, Bill is going to win every GOW game!