What is it about a 3-day-weekend to start the summer that makes some people turn stupid? Or are they baseline-stupid already, and then they just get stupider?
If any of you figure that out, just let me know.
Here is a little list for helpful hints as we start the summer:
Things that will someday manage to kill off the human race
9. Backyard trampolines-- because kids just don't have enough ways of injuring themselves already?
8. Working on roofs and climbing around on ladders without appropriate safety equipment. Unless you can fly, this isn’t a great idea.
7. Anything that involves building a ramp.
6. Riding bikes without helmets. You kind of like your face and brain, don’t you?
5. ATV's. You do know these aren't toys, right? And would you trust your 7 yr-old driving your car?
4. Motorcycles. If you responsibly accept the risk of riding – you’re brave…Godspeed. If you lack responsibility, a helmet, or proper attire – you’re an idiot (and I don’t feel sorry for you or the chunks of skin you left on the road)
3. Not wearing seatbelts. Seriously... I can't believe that people still get in a car and don't buckle up immediately. Head, meet windshield.
2. Picking fights at a bar at closing time. Can you say “impaired judgment”?
1. Combining drugs or alcohol with #10, #9, #8, #7, #6, #5, #4, #3, or #2. Got a death wish, or do you just like pain? And now I really, really don’t feel sorry for you.
Feel free to spread the word to you kids, your spouses, your parents, or any stupid people you may know.
I guess I shouldn't rant too much. Job security, right?