Wednesday, January 24, 2007

My view

As I was blog-surfing today, I came across a really cool idea. It was a post that highlighted people's views from their door. I thought I'd add mine.

This is the view from my front door - looks right out onto 44th Place. Across the street in the center of the picture, you'll see Culhane's house. It is an exact mirror image of ours. I guess that's what you get when you live in a "cookie-cutter" neighborhood. But, I really do love our neighborhood - clone houses, or not. I finally went outside and took the Christmas lights off of the those little Medora juniper trees last night. It's about time, huh? I've done all the landscaping myself and I have to admit that I'm pretty proud of it! I know it doesn't look like much now...but trust me! I'll take more pictures in the summer. That big tumbleweed-looking thing to the right and in front of of the sun-dial bird bath, is a Russian Sage. In the summer, it attracts bees - I guess I could've planned that one a little better...lesson learned. Gardening and landscaping are definitely hobbies that I wouldn't have predicted I would come to love in a million years. Who knew?? Wow, writing about it really gives me spring fever.


And here is the view from our back door. This picture is taken looking off to the side. We don't have any direct back yard neighbors - just a big hill with a road behind it. We have a 2-level retaining wall that I finally got around to landscaping last summer. Right in the middle of the picture is my favorite tree - a river birch that I planted last fall. It's in the perfect spot for viewing from our ground-level deck. We have such great neighbors and a perfectly wide-open back yard. I often pray that no one decides to put up a fence. This is often the scene for light-saber battles, baseball games, and zoo animal antics. The little ice cream bucket in the yard is left from last week when the kids were trying to constuct an igloo. You can't really tell from the snowy picture, but our neighbor Varen is a gardening and landscaping guru - his yard is beautiful! Like I said, I'll take pictures in the summer.

So, there's my view from the frozen Minnesota tundra. You're all tagged.



YouTube Pick of the Day: Learn to Speak Body

No comments: