Thursday, April 05, 2007

Irksome things

I really try not to have too many bitch-sessions on my blog, but for some reason, it just seems the thing to do today. Not that I’m presently feeling bitchy, I’ve just thought of some things that bug me.

  • Teaching kids to use cutsie nicknames for genitalia. Come on, people. It’s just another body part…elbow, cornea, knee, vagina, scapula, heel, penis. Is that so difficult??
  • Blog lurkers. Please say “hi” to me! I love to know who’s reading…otherwise it’s kinda like stalking:) It’s easy – just click on “comment”… I know you're out there - I dare you!
  • Fist bumping. My eight-year-olds can get away with it. If you’re over age 20, mmmmm…not so much. And then if the “explosion” is added at the end – even worse!
  • Huge, big, baggy clothes and pants worn around the groin instead of the waist. Did you know they’re actually a safety hazard? Last week I watched a guy walking down Coon Rapids Blvd. His baggy pants fell down around his ankles and he almost did a face-plant on the sidewalk. I giggled all the way to work…
  • Rudeness. These are my top three: 1) People who don’t say “thank you” when someone opens/holds the door for them. 2) People who don’t say “thank you” when a server sets their food order in front of them. 3) People who don’t let you merge onto the freeway when there is a perfectly good, open lane on their other side.
  • The commercials for Ovaltine, Pepto Bismol, Charles Schwab, and that medication for herpes. Sometimes I actually have the leave the room. On the other hand, I have to tell you that I’m a huge fan of those Macintosh commercials…I LOVE THEM! Cancel or allow? (It actually makes me want to buy one!)

Anyone else want to share?

...and go ahead...de-lurk...click on comment now...

9 comments:

Undercover Angel said...

Lurkers irk me too. I wish they'd just say hi or something...

Anonymous said...

Ok. I admit I read your blog. It is on my RSS reader so I get notified everytime you write an article.

Signed, Stalker.. I mean Neil - Yes that Neil :)

KJ said...

You know which commercials I really love right now? Those Subway commercials where the people go through the drive-thru and order love handles, thunder thighs and a badonkadonk butt. Crack me up!!!!

abc1273 said...

Thanks for the commment about the "thank you when the plate is set in front of you." That gave my heart a warm fuzzy. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Cuz, I soooo agree. You were a waitress once weren't you?! Notice how my picture dissapeared now? My trick to post my pic didn't work...Onward with the pic posting struggle.

Tammy said...

Good to hear from you anonymous..er, I mean Neil!

Amy, I have been employed as a server a couple times. Ever since, I have developed an aversion to those people who don't say "thank you". I ride my kids' butt all the time about it, too. Ther're almost trained now.

jilldaisbrenne said...

I totally agree with the blog lurkers.... post a comment people!! Don't be a blog snob!

Sara Wicht said...

I LOVE the comment about teaching children the correct vocabulary for body parts. Especially because of a story my involving my niece in the grocery store when she was about 2 years old. She had recently been "studying" the correct names for male and female genetalia, and like you and me, my sister taught her the accurate vocabulary. As a result, while waiting to pay for groceries, Emily turned around and said to the lady behind them, "You're a lady, you have a vagina." My sister, although mortified, could all but smile and nod her head at her then 2 year old daughter.

The Dunkers said...

Hi,

It's Tia's fault (I'm her sister in law). She has a link to Jill who has a link to you and sometimes you guys just crack me up! I've thought of writing a comment a couple times and thought, hmmm, why would they want me to write. Anyway, you asked for it so yes, I read your blog once in awhile too!

Becky in ND

Brian G. said...

Some of you may know that I am a big fan of the fist bump with explosion finale. I learned it from the fist-bumping-master himself, Victor Ferris, and I refuse to believe that it's uncool. "Blow it up, baby!!!"