Monday, April 16, 2007

Monday's To-Do list

So, this is my to-do list for the day...

1) Clear off very messy dining room table. We've got a little bit of everything on this table: Easter stuff, a brick & mortar construction kit Madison got for Christmas, material that Madison is saving to design clothes, toys, stuff to make a throw pillow, drawing/art supplies, soccer uniforms, a sarcophogus and mummy, and Campbelle's birthday present (yikes...I better mail that one). This table seems to be our catch-all. If we're not sure where it goes - it goes here. And sadly enough, it really only gets cleared off before someone visits and when there isn't room to stash more stuff.





2) Patch and paint the new hole in the living room wall. I've already started that...now to just find the sanding block and matching paint.





3) Create faux granite. Somehow I need to figure out how to transform this patio table top from bad sponge-paint into faux granite. And then water seal it. This homemade MDF table top was created a couple years ago after my brand-new one was blown off the deck in a storm! I just sanded off the faux mosaic paint yesterday and tried this technique on a whim. I'm not sure about it. Any ideas?




4) Stain the remainder of the basement woodwork. On the previous wood, I used 2 different kinds of stain...now I'm trying to remember which one goes on first. I'd like to get both stains and both sides of the doors done. Isn't this a nice little DIY workshop in our garage?




5) More damn laundry.
...and that's why I'm sitting here at the computer blogging. Any bets that I'll actually get this stuff done??

6 comments:

KJ said...

You are so ambitious. Good luck with everything!
As for the faux painting, have you ever tried using tinted glaze? It is a little more of a subtle color to rag/roll on/off. Just an idea. Post a picture of how it turns out!

jilldaisbrenne said...

Wow... that makes me tired just thinking about all your projects you got going on.

I'm just spending the afternoon kicking back, watching Oprah and sipping an iced coffee. (no joke)

Good luck to you!

The Hertels (Paul, Tia and Seneca) said...

Boy are you a little DIY person!!! I just BUY everything because first of all, I have no patience. I want everything done last week and I am just not crafty. I really need to hire the Gallagher family for about a month to help with all of our "should be DIY projects". So obviously, no ideas from me for the Faux Painting. My idea would be.....search the internet, read it, and then have someone else do it or just go buy a new table top.

abc1273 said...

I'm glad to see your house looks like that, I always see it spotless. :)

Gail said...

Well tonight I saw you out walking your puppies and not working. (That was me with the crying baby that walked past you, BTW!) Get 'er done!

Tammy said...

Must have been someone else...no puppies for this girl!