Friday, April 06, 2007

Movie Meme

You all know I can't pass this up...

1.Name a movie that you have seen more than 10 times. Shrek
2.Name a movie that you’ve seen multiple times in the theater. Forrest Gump
3.Name an actor that would make you more inclined to see a movie. Hugh Grant and Will Ferrell. I have a thing for accents and funny guys…they beat out the hunks everytime.
4.Name an actor that would make you less likely to see a movie. Leonardo Dicaprio (although he was alright in The Departed)…sorry Dee.
5.Name a movie that you can and do quote from. My memory is not good enough to quote from movies, but my movie-freak husband knows every single line from Pulp Fiction. He's even got the timing right.
6.Name a movie musical that you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs. The Nightmare Before Christmas “Jack? Ja-ack?? I’m only an elected official…I can’t make any decisions by myself.”
7.Name a movie that you have been known to sing along with. Nightmare Before Christmas and O Brother, Where Art Thou
8.Name a movie that you would recommend everyone see. Little Miss Sunshine and 300 (Huh...quite the polar opposites.)
9.Name a movie that you own. I can’t possibly list all 1362 movies we own… OK , that's a bit of an exaggeration. But really, I can't list them all.
10.Name an actor that launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops. Will Smith. I love him.
11.Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what? My first (and only) drive-in movie experience was last summer in Door County. We saw a double feature: Wedding Crashers and Dukes of Hazard
12.Ever made out in a movie? I don’t think so…
13.Name a movie that you keep meaning to see but just haven’t yet gotten around to it. Coach Carter. It’s been out forever but there have always been other movies I’ve wanted to see more. We finally got it from Netflix and tried to watch it last night, but the DVD was cracked and we were unable to view it. Should I take that as a sign that it’s not meant to be?
14.Ever walked out of a movie? I walked out on The Princess Bride back in high school. I’m not sure that I got the humor and I think we had to leave and meet someone to buy us beer or something… I just saw it for the first time about a month ago and it's actually pretty funny.
15.Name a movie that made you cry in the theater. I’m such a baby, I cry all the time. The first one I think of right now is “The Family Stone”.
16.What’s the last movie you saw in the theater? In a “real” theater: 300 in Imax (wow, talk about testosterone floating around in the air). In our home-theater: Borat
17.What’s your favorite/preferred genre of movie? I just really love movies! Action, documentary, comedy, sci-fi…depends on my mood.
18.What’s the first movie you remember seeing in the theater? I think it was Disney’s animated Snow White. I remember it being very scary as a little kid. My first R movie was Coal Miner’s Daughter, although I have no memory of what the movie was about. My first date movie with Bill was Robin Hood starring Kevin Costner.
19.What movie do you wish you had never seen? Running With Scissors. I’ll never get back those 2 hours of my life… I know Jill, you warned me.
20.What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed? Fight Club, Kill Bill, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
21.What is the scariest movie you’ve seen? Looking back, probably the Exorcist. Most recently, The Grudge
22.What is the funniest movie you’ve seen? Wedding Crashers

Your turn!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I can 't believe you walked out of Princess Bride it's a classic!!.

..that is INCONCEIVABLE...
..Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die...

http://imdb.com/title/tt0093779/quotes

Sara Wicht said...

The soundtrack to Oh Brother Where Art Thou is GREAT!! And always accessible in my father's truck. And The Princess Bride!!! Excellent!