Friday, May 25, 2007

They're hee-ere...

Well, the long-awaited arrival of the Seattle clan has finally happened. Gina, Jill, Leif, Campbelle and Christian flew in last night. We’ve all been counting down the days for several months now. Will and Maddie couldn’t wait to play with Campbelle and Christian; I couldn’t wait to resume some late-night chats with my sisters; and Bill is so excited to have Leif here as his temporary live-in X-Box companion. We are all thrilled!

Since baseball and soccer were both rained out last night, the single open seat in the minivan was up for grabs. After a lengthy discussion between Will and Madison, Will came out the apparent “victor”. Although in exchange for the trip to the airport and being the first to lay eyes on Campbelle and Christian, he is now obligated to do her chores for 3 months. What a deal, huh?

The kids didn’t make it to bed until 12:30 am last night. I guess there were just too many Polly Pockets, Legos and dinosaurs to play. Good thing my kids have a field trip today – otherwise I’m afraid they’d be asleep by noon.

This morning, they all left for South Dakota and dad’s house. We’ll be meeting up with them tomorrow and then going to Bismarck, ND for my cousin Jordan’s high school graduation. This weekend should be a blast!

I can’t believe how big the kids are. It’s been almost a year since we’ve seen them last (I can hardly believe it as I’m typing). Christian isn’t a baby anymore, he’s this adorable little person; and Campbelle has become such a sweet, beautiful, mature girl. I get really sad thinking about all the things we’ve missed in each other’s lives during this past year, but thanks to near-daily phone conversations and the wonderful “Land of Blog”, it is much more bearable.

It feels so right having them here. We all just “fit together” very nicely. Almost as if they never left.

Just like it’s always been.

I think that’s what is so great about sisters and family…and that’s exactly what I love about mine.

3 comments:

KJ said...

How exciting! We are looking forward to seeing our friends too!!!

The Hertels (Paul, Tia and Seneca) said...

This is so exciting for everyone! I too will be seeing the Washington clan tomorrow in Eureka. We are heading out early tomorrow morning and after my Grandparents 80th Birthday celebration will be headed to your dads to check in with everyone!! I can't wait!!!!

Oh, by the way, I do want you to know how much I enjoy your "blogs". It actually is a nice addition to sometimes a stressful day!! I truly do enjoy them!! Thanks Tammy!

Sara Wicht said...

Ahh, reunions with the family are so wonderful. Mine too has been spread across the country since I was in high school and now we are spread across seas. I am looking forward to June and July when we will all have the chance to see each other again after over a year apart. Enjoy your time together, laugh, talk, joke, play, love...