Sunday, October 14, 2007

Back in the saddle...er, starting blocks

Well, we're back at the swim-thing again. This time, both Will and Maddie are in the SeaDevils Swim Club. Maddie absolutely loves swimming, the club, and all things concerning it. Will seems to really like it as well; but some days I'm not sure if he's really into swimming, or just thinks that having his own pair of fins is the best thing ever. We'll see...

Maddie had her first meet of the season this weekend. She improved on most of her previous times, and had a really great meet (despite a couple of DQs). Oh, well...

Thought I'd share a couple pictures and videos:



Maddie in Lane 1


SeaDevils cheering on a teammate


50 Freestyle (Maddie: middle of screen, black goggles, yellow cap)


100 Backstroke




And regarding the new fancy camera thing...give me time. I promise the quality will get better! (After I buy a zoom lens or two, purchase PhotoShop, take a couple classes, and figure out the meanings of aperture, ISO, exposure and flash compensation...)

Just wait...you'll see.

And then I'll have to work a second job or win the lottery to pay for it all.

4 comments:

jenny said...

have fun with your new camera (my other addiction)! love the pictures, isn't it so much different than a point and shoot? good luck with figuring it all out...practice makes perfect!

Sara Wicht said...

Congratulatios Maddie on the swimming! You look like a natural in the water!

jilldaisbrenne said...

Way to go Maddie! We love being able to 'watch' you swim!!

Angela said...

LOVE the pictures, I think they turned out great! (there's my exclamation mark ;) - I bet they'll look even bigger once we learn what all those big words mean. Way to go Maddie!