Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Merry Christhanksgivingmas!

Where has Thanksgiving gone? Sometimes I feel like this poor holiday is just getting squeezed right out of the picture and overcome by excessive Halloween décor and much-too-early Christmas décor. Every holiday deserves a fair chance, right?

And really, I don’t mean to rant, but why do people have Christmas lights on already? I truly understand the whole thing about putting the lights up early so you don’t have to do it in the cold... and I’m supportive of that. I have a cold-weather-phobia as much as the next guy. But, do you have to actually turn them on?

Yes, I do love Christmas lights and Christmas decorations and all things affiliated with my all time favorite holiday. But don’t you feel like Thanksgiving is being robbed? Like we don’t even need or want it? Like we’re trying to rush right through it? Whatever happened to the cornstalks, hay bales and horns of plenty?

Oh, poor Thanksgiving…

Opinions please! Help me understand!

2 comments:

A Day In The Life.... said...

I feel the same way! Colton wanted to get out the Christmas decorations the other day and I said absolutely not. We cannot decorate for Christmas until we've celebrated Thanksgiving...geesh.

Sara Wicht said...

Well guys, with this being the second year in my life AWAY from extended family during what was once my FAVORITE holiday (Thanksgiving) and the second in my life I will spend at WORK, I am feeling the Thanksgiving loss in a tragic way right along with you!!
I am grateful for: friends, health, the sun, the beach, my husband and daughter, and BLOGS!!
Happy Thanksgiving to you all!!