Sunday, February 24, 2008

Jill's "Easy" Blueberry Cake

For those of you that know my sister Jill, you know that she is an excellent cook/baker. For those of you who don't now her - trust me, she's awesome! In fact, she's so talented in the kitchen, she makes me look like a 6 year old with an Easy Bake Oven.

She makes gourmet foods with ingredients that I've never heard of, would have no ability to identify, and wouldn't even begin to know where to buy. She has cooking utensils and tools that look strange, foreign, and dangerous to me.

On Friday, I wanted to try a new dessert recipe. Heck, I was actually attempting to make a half-way decent meal...why not add a yummy dessert? I thought of Jill's recent post featuring a Blueberry Cake. So, I took a deep breath, printed the recipe, got personalized telephone instructions and reassuring advice from her, and headed to the grocery store.

In all honesty, I'm usually extremely leery of trying Jill's recipes. Jill's scale of difficulty differs greatly form the difficulty-scales of most other people. Well, except for Ina Garten and Martha Stewart. Her version of "pretty easy" is a normal person's version of "wow - that was kinda hard". Her version of "kinda hard" is a normal person's version of "turn back now, for God's sake!"

Do you get the idea?

But she swore to me that this one was different.









Uh huh...





3 comments:

jilldaisbrenne said...

I was so excited when at first I thought your post was going to be about how really good, and truly easy this recipe was. What the world went wrong?!?!

(Ok, and the flattery was nice.... but not altogether true. Thanks anyway!)

Anonymous said...

Amen sister! Reading this post made me have flashbacks to my own kitchen disasters!

Sara Wicht said...

Unbelievable. I don't think I have ever had this experience in the kitchen. Is it really that hard?