Thursday, February 08, 2007

RAEBNC

OK… so call me old, call me a dork, call me un-cool. I have not been able to bring myself to use any of those ridiculous abbreviations that have become so popular since the dawn of text-messaging. In fact, I’m so out of touch with “hip-ness”, I actually had to Google ROTFLOL. Seriously. And I guess if you don’t know what that means – you’re a dork, too.

It’s not that I ever text-message anyone. Which is mostly due to the fact that I’m over the age of 16…never mind that I don’t really know how, anyway. But, occasionally I like to post comments on other people’s blogs and find myself writing stuff like: That’s so funny/cute/weird!! I’m rolling on the floor laughing out loud! Ha Ha!! It’s really pretty pathetic.

So, for something fun to do, and to weaken my aversion to these stupid acronyms, I’m going to “text” you some messages to see if you can figure it out. And I promise, I didn’t make these up on my own - they're legit! Here it goes:

1. IMHO PEBCAK
2. ROTFLOLAPMP
3. WIBAMU
4. FYA IFOML
5. TTFN LYMY



YouTube Pick of the Day: Weird Al's White & Nerdy

3 comments:

KJ said...

OK, I'm a dork too. I'm very confused by these. The only one that jumped out at me was the TTFN part of one of them. My brother has said that since we were kids. Ta Ta For Now!

Sara Wicht said...

I don't know any of this!

KJ said...

Hey, if you Google the FYA IFOML thingy, you get yours and Jill's posts. Cool!