Friday, May 11, 2007

Prom Season

According to recent statistics, girls, on average, spend $1030, while boys spend $300 on prom night. However, I think that a more accurate statement would be include, "their parents spend..." How crazy is that?

Since this is the time of year when you can't take a trip to the mall without feeling inundated with prom dresses, or go out to eat on a weekend night without seeing tables of dolled-up teens or parking lots with limousines, I thought I'd share some prom memories with you all.

These prom photos date back to 1987 and 1988. And after going through our old pictures, I was laughing so hard I was nearly crying.

So enjoy...be amused...feel free to laugh...


And what the hell is with that huge helmet hair and blue eye shadow?



My junior prom, 1987. I'm not sure what that weird thing is on my shoulder?


Bill's Junior prom, 1987


Junior prom 1987. Bill with Brian, Paul and Scott. Nice studly pose, gentlemen...


My senior prom 1988. Me with Tim, Steph and Nathan. I hope you guys don't kill me for posting this...

Again, senior prom. My friends, Danette and Sandra, with our shiny, shiny dresses and great big hair. Notice how nicely we color-coordinated our boys...


Bill's senior prom. Nice teal cumberbund...



OK. Now I'll just wait for Bill's call. I think he'll laugh about it...

6 comments:

jilldaisbrenne said...

Oh that is really really funny!! I remember really liking that baby blue dress... it matched your eye shadow so perfectly. It was just dreamy!!

The Hertels (Paul, Tia and Seneca) said...

In Arizona, you weren't cool if you went to the prom. That was just for the jocks. So neadless to say, I never got to experience Prom. I was too cool!! You did look quite lovely though!

KJ said...

I love it! You are a shiny dress princess. You really do look lovely. I can totally respect how long it takes to get your hair to look that perfect and to match your eye shadow to your dress. You do nice work.
Did you get your shoes dyed to match that blue dress?

Kila said...

LOL, now that takes me back! You and I must be the same age. I graduated in 1988. Great '80's hair and makeup!

Anonymous said...

I'm not laughing...

Anonymous said...

Big Hair - Big 80's!!!