Tuesday, September 04, 2007

3rd Grade...Here they come!

Wow! It seems like just last week we were gearing up for the end of school and the start of summer. It's really hard to believe that it's now September 4 and I'm all alone in my house at 7:45 in the morning.

But, truth be told, we were all ready for it to start. The kids are anxious to meet new friends, see old friends, and get to know their teachers. I'm just anxious to have a schedule again. Too many times during the past 3 months, Bill or I have shouted from bed, "Turn off the lights and be quiet! We're trying to sleep!"



Off to school. I hope those backpacks don't lead to disc herniation...


The bus stop is right next to our back yard - which is very convenient on the days we're running late.


I think they are all ready for school. Look- there is only 1 little boy waving back at his mom and dad.


And then we all headed back to our quiet houses to waste the day with absolutely nothing to do.

Whatever...

3 comments:

Gail said...

I am jealous of all those mama's walking back to their houses without the kids. Someday....

jilldaisbrenne said...

I did try calling you this morning.... were you napping or just too busy watching Ellen??

Have a great school year Maddi and Will. We love those 3rd graders!!

Sara Wicht said...

Will you please take and post the same bus stop picture in January--the first day of school after the holiday! I am always amazed at how different it looks under snow. Have a GREAT school year Maddie and Will. We are all ready at mid-quarter of quarter 1 down here!