Saturday, September 01, 2007

Minnesota State Fair

Yesterday we joined thousands of other fair-goers for the Great Minnesota Get-Together. After meeting up with Jan and Bill, we walked and ate and walked and ate. And then ate some more.

Just look...


Grandma, grandpa and the grandkids


Maddie started out with some cotton candy...


And then I had a foot long corn dog slathered in ketchup and mustard...

And then Bill opted for cheese-on-a-stick...


And then Billy snacked on some mini-donuts...



And then we took a gondola ride to rest our weary feet and full bellies...



And then we had some more corn dogs...


And some cheese curds and root beer...


And then Jan and Bill couldn't resist eggrolls-on-a-stick...


And then we took a break from all that crazy eating and rode the Giant Slide...


And then the boys were lured into the Alligator Hut for some Fried Gator and frozen grapes...



And Jan just loved the Twinkie-on-a-stick...

And then by some odd chance, we ran into our old friends, the Knauss's from Madison Lake. Bill and Brian went to high school together back in Rochester and he was in our wedding (12 years ago tomorrow!) We haven't seen them for a couple years - so it was a treat to run into them (get it?...treat?...food reference...)


And then Will found some more corn dogs. Straight mustard for him...


And then we pulled up some shade to enjoy root beer floats, bananas-on-a-stick, and fried gopher tails.

Ha!! No such thing...I was just checking to see if you were paying attention.



And then Will got to beat up Michael Jackson in a virtual reality video game.

Really. He said that's what they did...


And Bill and Billy eyed the SlingShot. $25 a ride!?!?!


And then Bill helped Maddie finish her cheesy pretzel...

He looks a little crabby here doesn't he? Is it the heat? the crowds? the indigestion?


And then Will enjoyed a box of popcorn...








And then the kids jumped on the Turbo Tramp...



And then, to wrap up the day at the fair, Bill finally found his Scotch Egg that he had been searching for for hours.

"So, what is a Scotch Egg?" you may ask. I know, because I did.

I knew this one needed further explanation. A picture is worth a thousand words...




Kinda makes you feel like you were right there with us, doesn't it?

Does your tummy ache? Do your feet hurt?

And did I mention it was my 37th birthday? I had such a great time - and I couldn't think of a better way to spend my day!

Thank God I had my cholesterol checked last week...



Have a great Labor Day weekend!







6 comments:

A Day In The Life.... said...

Is that meat wrapped around an egg? Was it good? Sounds like something my husband would eat. I prefer the french fries and the ice cream! Looks like you had a great time.

Tammy said...

It is like a fried meatball wrapped around a hard-boiled egg.

Bill said it was good - I couldn't try it. I had just just recently gagged on the Fried Gator and discretely spit it in the garbage...

The Dunkers said...

I caught the gopher tail bit! Stopped, reread it, (thinking, do they really eat those things?) then read below. Good one! Oh my gosh, my tummy did hurt just looking at all the pictures.

KJ said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like an awesome day at the fair! We're going tomorrow so reading about all your grease-laden food and heartburn has gotten me mentally prepared. Thanks. I'll let you know how our day turns out.

Kila said...

Looks like a great time. Happy 37th! I turned 37 in July. Did you know that 37 is a prime number? We are in our prime!

jilldaisbrenne said...

Holy Crap - tell me that was eating for 3 days!! I did see at least one healthy choice - good job on the grapes Will!!

Happy Birthday!