Sunday, November 04, 2007

Sea Devils Home Meet

We're all recovering today from a long weekend of swimming and volunteering. The Sea Devils had their first home meet of the season. They did great and had a blast!

The Macarena during warm-ups


Maddie cheering for Will in the 50 Breast


Will's 100 Breast


Maddie's 100 Back

Both Will & Maddie had good meets. This is Will's first season swimming and only his second swim meet. It's amazing to see the improvement and the decreased times already. He's come a long way in his breathing and his starting dives. And he didn't swim one race without his goggles this time! He's decided that the Backstroke and Freestyle are his favorites. I think that when he gets the hang of the Breaststroke, he's really gonna rock! My videographer-husband hasn't yet edited Will's race video, but I'll get some posted in the next week or so.

Maddie is definitely making some improvements as well and is reaching outside her comfort zone a bit by swimming some more difficult events. Last week she swam the 200 Free and today she swam the 100 Butterfly for the first time. Despite a few pre-race tears and high emotions, she finished that grueling Fly just fine. I was so proud of her, my eyes fill up and I get a lump in my throat thinking about it.

My pictures are getting better. I've kinda figured out the lighting...it's really hard in the fluorescent-lighted-pool-environment. Now all I need is PhotoShop and a Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED AF-S VR.

I'm thinking of writing a letter to Santa...

1 comment:

jilldaisbrenne said...

the pictures are looking great Tammy. I do hope Santa delivers...

Great job at the meets Will and Maddi. We are so proud of you both. Keep it up!