Saturday, December 29, 2007

We're Ba-ack...

Hey! I hope you all had a great Christmas!!

Well, we're back and freezing our butts off. Really. There has been no trace of the sun since we left Fort Meyers, we're buried in a huge blanket of snow and more is falling from the gray sky right now.

I can honestly say that this is the only vacation that I've been on where I just was not ready to come home. I think if we'd win the lottery tomorrow, I'd been on the next plane to Sanibel with Bill and the kids. I'm sure the island would have a school for the kids, while Bill and I could just open a t-shirt and shell shop near the beach... Right??

We decided to skip our typical Christmas photocard and letter this year. Last night we ordered a New Years photocard of us on the beach at sunset - we're tan, unshowered, disheveled, utterly happy, and completely relaxed. It truly defines our amazing vacation.

I have a ton of great pictures to share with you! Now I just have to find the time to pull them all together...stay tuned!

4 comments:

Sara Wicht said...

I completely feel your pain. Christmas day we were basking next to the pool, the 26th we stepped out of Mpls international airport gasping for air!! I totally hear you on the t-shirt and shells vending as a career move. Joe and I have talked about buying a boat and shuttling day cruises for a livelihood. Sun, sand, ocean...you can't beat it. And, where is the sun in MN??

The Hertels (Paul, Tia and Seneca) said...

I am excited for your upcoming "blogs". I have been going through withdrawels of the Dais Girls' Blogs!! Please, feed my addiction.......life has been so boring without them!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome Back!! Hope you soaked up enough sun and fun for the rest of us.

Liz

KJ said...

Glad you're home safely. Now...let's see some pictures and hear some stories!