Friday, February 08, 2008

Inside my head...

1. I really should go dust, or clean toilets, or vacuum…but I’d rather blog…but I really don’t have much to blog about…so I’m just winging it. You are all the recipients of the random thoughts flooding my mind this morning.

2. Look at the new trick I learned in Photoshop! I found this really great on-line resource for digital photography. It has great tips for taking photos, settings on you camera, and some stuff on Photoshop. I really need all the help I can get with this new hobby of mine!

This is the picture we used for our Christmas cards this year...actually they were New Year's cards. Notice how it really makes us "pop"? I might have gone a little too far on the saturation, but you get the idea, right?

Before

After

I think this trick will come in very handy for Minnesotans during the winter months as we all look a little pasty and dull.


3. My nephew Finn is coming today! Yeah! Maybe we’ll go pick the kids up from school – they’d all get a kick out of that.

4. It feels so cold in our house. All the time. Guess where thermostat is set?

Nope. Even colder. Try again...

My hot-blooded and frugal husband whom I love dearly sets ours at 66 during the day and 62 at night. The past couple days, he’s “accidentally” left it at 62 all the time. I finally figured out what was going on after I discovered frostbite on my big toe.

What is the temperature at your house?

5. I love LOST!!! Who else watches? What is going on? Who are the 6 survivors? (I guess we know its Hurley, Jack, Kate…who else?) Why do the “rescuers” want Ben? What's with that cabin?

OMG – I can hardly stand the suspense!!

6. We’re going to have an incredibly busy weekend. It’s our club’s final home swim meet this season. It is also the last meet prior to C-finals, so we have tons of other clubs attending. Actually there will be over 530 swimmers – twice as many as have been in our meets before.

As usual, the kids will swim both Saturday and Sunday mornings – 8 events total for each kid. Will has 3 qualifying times for C-finals and is close in a couple others. Maddie has qualifies in 8 events and is on the verge of A/B qualification in about 3 others. For me, as a parent, volunteer, and board member, it means that I’ll be at the pool at least 19 hours over the next 2 days.

Wish us all luck!

7. Our insurance finally took effect last week. With Bill’s job change, we were without health insurance for about 2 weeks. Phheww…that made me really nervous. Speaking of insurance? Anybody see "Sicko"? We just watched it a couple weeks ago and I'd encourage you to check it out. Absolutely enraging.

8. I just scheduled a hair cut for next week. What should I do? Go shorter? Let it grow longer again? Opinions please!

9. I’m going to paint my family room and kitchen area.

This is my color scheme now:

And this is what I want to do:

I have a dark brown couch and half-chair, a red chair and ottoman, and mostly espresso-toned wood furniture, and maple woodwork. All I really need to do is paint the walls (this blue-grayish color) and get some new throw pillows. This really freaks me out - but I'm soooooo ready for a change!

What to you think?


10. My toes are still cold. Really cold.

3 comments:

KJ said...

I love blue & brown together, your paint will look awesome! Especially with your woodwork, very nice!
You have such nice thick hair, you could do anything with it and it will look nice. How about something like a cute J Lo cut to accentuate your curls?

Anonymous said...

Your colors are great. I'd go with separate colors in the living room vs the kitchen and dining using the colors you picked up. My toes are cold too...
Kristy

Angela said...

I think it's eerie how much we have in common sometimes. I am also an office supply/Costco fanatic, and I am so incredibly immersed in LOST that it's not even funny. It's the show that I love to hate, because it drives me batty! Any time they answer a question, they "ask" 20 more to make you crazier.

Love your new color theme, those colors look great together!