Thursday, March 06, 2008

New look...

Aside from playing with my camera and exploring the wonders of PhotoShop, I've also had another project in the works this week.

Some of you may know that I LOVE to paint. In fact, back when we moved into our new house in 2002, every wall in every room in my house was painted within a few months. We've now been living with this green paint for over 5 years.

Although change was the primary reason for the new decor, it is also very important to actually move your stove away from the wall every few years in order to vacuum the hordes of dust bunnies from underneath and scrape away the years of dried goop that has run down the sides of the tucked-in appliance.

That sure wasn't pretty...

Here are some before pictures:




And here is what it looks like now:





You may notice that the little insets where the TV and cable/stereo components set are still the original color. For that project, I'll need the assistance of my big, strong, and technically-inclined husband.

Boy, it would sure be too bad if that big, heavy, ginormous TV dropped and broke while we were moving it. I'd just hate to have to buy a new one. Say, like one of those pretty-plasma-flat-screen-thingies that just hang on the wall.

Yeah. That really would be too bad.

9 comments:

A Day In The Life.... said...

Love love love the blue!!

KJ said...

Looks very nice. I really like that shade of blue. Not too green, not too grey, not to baby blue...just right!!!

Sara Wicht said...

It looks great! Nicely done.

The Hertels (Paul, Tia and Seneca) said...

Love it!! When are you coming to help us finish paint? LOL Going on 6 years and I still have some white walls......HELP!!!

Anonymous said...

I love it! It looks great. That is pretty much the same blue as in my classroom. Great job!
Liz

Coach Jen said...

Looks great, love the blue.

Jill said...

The blue really looks nice. It's funny b/c we (used to ) have the same color scheme. My kitchen is the same green you just painted over, and my living room is a burgundy/brown. I was thinking of doing our bedroom in blue, and was unsure until I saw your pictures.

Do you hire out? We would pay mileage....(Wisconsin). I REALLY DO NOT like painting at all.

Gail said...

really pretty color. I love that shade of blue. Good choice. Will you come over and help me decide what color to paint? I suck at that.

jenny said...

okay - i LOVE that blue. you have to tell me what the name of it is and the brand and all that good stuff. i think i was just inspired to paint my bedroom! :)