Friday, March 21, 2008

Visually Impaired

Well, Maddie has officially joined the visually impaired ranks of the other members of our family. She got her first pair of glasses this past week. She has been incredibly responsible and has worn them every day without fail.

It was funny (and a bit frustrating for me) when we picked them out together a couple weeks ago. Actually, there was no we involved in the process. It was just her. I tried by darndest to impart my opinion upon her as to which glasses I liked. But she really couldn't have cared less about my opinion. Not in the least.


She knows what she likes. And she knows what she doesn't.

So I just relaxed the "control-freak" part of my personality. And bit my tongue.



I guess I'm raising a strong, independent, and opinionated young woman.

...a strong, independent, and opinionated young woman who has pretty good taste in glasses.

5 comments:

jilldaisbrenne said...

Those are very cute on her! Good job picking them out Maddie - you stylish girl you!!

Heather Culhane said...

Wow- those are so cute! You know Maddie has always had a flare for fashion, you have nothing to worry about (yet)!!!

Angela said...

Love the glasses! Very stylish!

jenny said...

those glasses are cute on her!

KJ said...

Very cute! I'm bringing her with next time I need glasses, she's way better at it than I am.