Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Beautifully Serious

At my request, they gave me "a serious look with no smiles." I love these pictures...

...and I love these girls, too.




The first one is straight out of the camera. I'm not sure what setting I was using, but because I'm such a loser and cannot get the whole ISO/F-stop/aperture/white balance - thing through my head, I was probably just shooting on "Automatic", which is also known to real photographers as the "Idiot Button". No lie.

But hey, I never claimed to be a real photographer, now did I?

On the second one, I finally figured out how to use the "Spot Healing Brush" to get rid of a few stray hairs, mosquito bite scabs and the dark circles under Maddie's eyes. I also used Pioneer Woman's "eye-pop" trick and the Hard Light layer. Isn't it cool how that layer brings out the highlights in their hair? And they didn't have to go to a salon and pay $85 either. Gotta love that.

The last one is just a plain old B&W. There is something about the simplicity of black and white photographs that makes almost any picture amazing.

3 comments:

jilldaisbrenne said...

Fun pictures.... and I may be a bit biased, but very pretty girls!!

Maddie looks a bit like the Afghan girl on the famous cover of National Geographic (a bit less haunting though).

KJ said...

OMG! You can remove dark circles?!?!?! I am bringing my face over so you can photoshop me and my dark, baggy, pathetic eyes. Please????

Anonymous said...

Hey!!