Monday, June 30, 2008

Wish me luck...

We’re going camping this week. Tent camping. Yep, the kind of camping when you stay in a tent. Overnight in a tent. Yes, me. In a tent. Overnight. For three nights. In. A. Tent.

Like I said, wish me luck.

So, my project tomorrow is to pack. So far, this is what my list looks like:

  • tent
  • cooler
  • pillows, sheet, blankets
  • air mattresses
  • camera (**make sure battery is charged)
  • cell phone (and charger)
  • Bills CPAP machine (and the battery and the connector thingy)
  • hair dryer
  • DVD player (and charger)
  • MP3 player and batteries
  • Benadryl (lots of Benadryl)
  • Ibuprofen
  • Tylenol
  • Albuterol inhaler
  • Claritin
  • box of tissues
  • UNO cards and regular cards


Sometimes I try to imagine myself living as a pioneer in the 1870’s. It’s quite a stretch. I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t have lived past the age of 12.

At the most.

I guess that’s what you call survival of the fittest, huh?

7 comments:

The Hertels (Paul, Tia and Seneca) said...

OK Tammy.....a hair dryer? I can totally understand the other things, but a hair dryer? When we went "tent camping" a few weeks ago, not even I took a hair dryer and I am the furthest thing from "tent camping"......can we say hotel? I hope you make it 3 nights because we were supposed to camp for two nights and me AND Seneca only made it one!! Poor little girl welted up beyond belief from those pesky mosquitoes!! We wish you luck!!

jilldaisbrenne said...

yeah really, a hair dryer?!?

But good luck and have fun! May your hair be beautiful, and your allegies minimal. And let's hope Bill's CPAP machine works so his snoring doesn't wake the whole campground!! Happy 4th!

(I have to admit, I think I would have outlived both you and Gina back in those pioneering days!! )

Tammy said...

I have to bring a hair dryer because I can't go to sleep when my hair is wet or when I'm dirty. So...I like to shower at night.

Geez...give me a break.

:)

Blaze said...

"I can't go to sleep when my hair is wet or when I'm dirty"

You're going camping.

Basically, what you're saying is you won't be sleeping for 3 nights. ;)

Guess I'll steer clear of you guys when you come home. Hahaha!

Seriously, have a great time and take lots of pics! Should be some good blog-fodder coming out of this adventure.

jenny said...

i love camping! i'm the master packer for these trips. i still have my list from last weekend so i'll have to double check it with yours to make sure you're not forgetting anything! :)

where are you guys going? have fun!

A Day In The Life.... said...

Hopefully you're going somewhere close to home....just incase. :)

Anonymous said...

we're staying at custer state park


good luck mom:)

maddie