Monday, November 03, 2008

Back in the swim of things

Last weekend, the kids had their first swim meet of the season. We were all really looking forward to it! They have been practicing for 6 or 7 weeks, 3-4 times a week, for 60-120 minutes a practice. They have been working on dryland training at home. They've arranged their ribbon displays and Michael Phelps cut-outs all their walls. (Well, that would actually be Maddie's deal...)

The meet was great! Both kids dropped a lot of time and still have their eyes on state-qualifying time goals. We'll just have to wait and see how the season unfolds.

I have no photos to share since my ability to operate a big, fancy camera totally sucks. I was really trying to NOT use the automatic setting (aka Moron Mode). And for that, the result was a bunch of fuzzy, blurred, yellow pictures. Honestly, nothing in this world makes me feel as incompetent as that damn camera does.

Anyway, it's great to be back in the swim meet routine again. We've really become close to many of the swimmers/families that we've spent so many weekends with during the past year. Bill said it best Saturday morning when he sat down on those hard bleachers and looked around: "It's great to have the family back together again."

1 comment:

Angela said...

Awwwww... I couldn't agree more. I think I may have missed it more than the kids did (ok, maybe AS much).