Monday, November 03, 2008

Suggestions would be appreciated


We had a pretty bad hail storm back in May and have some big holes in the siding in the back of our house and some badly bruised shingles. And since the siding color that we currently have, has been discontinued, guess what???

Yep, all new siding. All new roof. While the option is extremely exciting for me, I'm so stressed out about the choices. You see, this isn't just paint that you can re-do the next day if you decide you hate the color. This is siding. Permanent siding. And paint in far up high places that I'm too scared to reach all by myself. So, it's kind of like permanent paint, too. Well, permanent until the next hail storm, I guess.

So, this is what I know for sure:
- charcoal black shingles
- keep/repaint the same black front door
- dark chocolate brown siding (hard to see the siding on this picture - only the small triangle-shaped thing above the garage; and then all around the house)
- shakes that will be just a shade lighter than the siding on all the peaks (just as it is now)
- linen (not quite white) trim, fascia, and gutters (like on all the peaks and along all the roof lines)

This is what I have absolutely no idea about:
- What the heck color should I paint the garage doors and all the cedar wood around the front door, the fake upstairs garage window and the upstairs bathroom window???? Some linen, some dark brown, some lighter brown??? Should I pull out some trim pieces on the wood and do those a different color (in the same scheme)???

This exterior paint is stressing me out!!!

Can you tell???

No comments: