Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Hot or Not?

This is the first time in years that I've really followed American Idol. I'm not sure why this season captured me? Maybe it's just that I have a little time to breathe lately.

Last night, the theme was "Grand Old Opry". It was a bunch of country songs with Randy Travis as the guest host.

Now, understand that I love Johnny Cash as much as the next guy. I actually think he was pretty cool and I probably know more words to his songs than I'd ever admit to anyone. But, I have to say - I think this version sung by Adam Lambert is amazing. OMG...it's really amazing.




This morning on the talk-radio station I always listen to...it was a topic of controversy. Some loved it. Some hated it. And I mean really hated it.

So, now you tell me what you thought? Awesome!!! or NOT!!!

Just curious...

7 comments:

jenny said...

so i watched it for the first time here. i saw the clip they showed tonight and wondered what the hell it was. i don't know - i like it, it was weird, different, but that's him? i think the vocal range he has is incredible. i'm curious to see what other people thought. :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVED it!
Stacy

jilldaisbrenne said...

it was slightly creepy and spooky in a good sorta way. Good comparison - 9 Inch Nails doing Johnny Cash.

The Hertels (Paul, Tia and Seneca) said...

I dido everyones comments so far. I think in this day the younger generations would love it. I myself, really am not sure. I agree with his amazing vocal range and the fact that he made it "his"!! Now I have to start watching Idol this season. Thanks for adding another show to my DVR list Tammy. LOL

KJ said...

I love Adam and think he is an amazing singer...he is in my top 2, along with Danny. However, I did not like this performance. A little TOO much for me.

Blaze said...

Here's my take on it, Randy-style:
"Yo, listen up, Dog...that was the shnizzle bomb on the vocals, dude, but man - I'm tellin' ya - it's downright sacrilegious smack to any old-school Johnny fan, dude."

Like the others, it was a genius performance, excellent vocals, and his stage presence in right on. I just don't care for the style myself.

BTW, I predict he'll be in the final 2.

Jill said...

Whoever Blaze is, he made me pee in my pants. (Which is easy these days since I'm pregnant with TWINS!)

I am not watching AI this season, and haven't for the past 3-4 seasons. This was the first time I watched this clip, or heard anything about it for that matter!

My take? I "liked" it, and felt his vocal range was amazing, however I don't think I'd listen to this version again--not really my type, mostly b/c I am huge Johnny Cash fan. But it WAS good.