Monday, March 30, 2009

State Swim Meet

Since we've all now recovered from the 6 month swim season and are getting ready to start up the next one again in a few days, I thought I'd better get my blog updated as well. Plus, I've finally sweet-talked Bill into transferring and editing some videos for me.

I really should learn how to use that video-editing software. I think I'll put it on my to-do list along with "patch hole in laundry room wall" (which has been there for 3 years) and "buy white-cheddar popcorn salt."

So, if my memory serves me right...we all had a blast in Rochester for the 12 & Under Short-Course State Swim Championships. Sure, I won't deny that it was really great that the kids made the state team, but the thing is: it was truly so much fun having a little mini-vacation in March, hanging out with a bunch of friends in a hotel for a weekend.

Just to summarize - Will swam 2 individual events: 50 Freestyle and 100 Freestyle. He stayed about the same in the 50, but cut 3 seconds off his 100, giving him a National "A" time. He also swam in a couple relays. This group of boys did so great! Both of their relays placed in the top 16 overall, which earned points for the Sea Devils team. Maddie swam in a couple relays as well. They did great too - they dropped a bunch of time and had a lot of fun.

Our 12 & Under team placed 2nd in the "A" division. This, in itself, is amazing! Our club has never placed in the top 20 before this year. We really do have a talented group of young swimmers, and it's so fun to see their improvement every meet!


This is Will's 100 Freestyle:


Here's Maddie's relay girls in the 9-10 200 Medley. In order: Alaina (backstroke), Paige (breaststroke), Maddie (butterfly), and Marah (freestyle)


This is Will and the boys in the 9-10 200 Freestyle Relay. Will anchors this one, following Max, Drew, and Logan. They placed in the top 16 and set a club relay record.



We came home Sunday night and as I actually looked at my camera, I found that I had taken 454 pictures! In reality, only 164 of them were salvageable by PhotoShop. Thank God for digital!! How did people do it on the "old days"?

Here are a few of those 164...

Getting ready for warm-ups.

Before each session started, they played some fun, dance-along music. This one was the chicken dance. You know how I know that?? Easy. It's the only one that Will would dance to. You see him standing there? Yep...he's into it.

Maddie and the relay girls.

Starting...
Maddie the butterflyer.
Will and the relay boys.

Will doing the breaststroke in the Medley Relay.
The girls getting each other psyched up.
Logan, Max, and Will playing DS.


Will's start in the 100 Free

100 Freestyle...his favorite race.Relay getting ready.


Getting some tips from Coach Terri.We love our coaches, Terri and Michelle!

Grandma Jan and Grandpa Bill came to watch...





It wasn't all just swimming! We all had a blast!



My tired kiddos. Those fun weekends sure do take a lot out of you!

1 comment:

jilldaisbrenne said...

Good job kids!