Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Music Meme

"List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what they are. They must be songs you are presently enjoying. Then tag seven other people to see what they're listening to."
I came across this music meme a few days ago. It took me awhile to compress my list down to seven, but this is what I got:

James Blunt“You’re Beautiful”. Yep, I’m still listening to this...it's one of my favorite CDs. It is officially our “sleeping music” and is permanently placed in our bedroom CD player. Funny enough, I usually don’t make it past track 3.

The Killers –“Somebody Told Me”. I was introduced to The Killers music through the last couple seasons of Rock Star: INXS and Rock Star: Supernova when some of the contestants covered them. They are songs that make me want to bounce around and sing.

Melissa Etheridge “Come to my Window”. She is so awesome!! And this song makes me want to learn how to play the guitar. I was never a huge fan of hers until I saw her perform at one of the awards shows following treatment for her very public battle with breast cancer. She was totally bald, absolutely beautiful…and she rocked!

Paolo Nutini“New Shoes”. This song could put me in a good mood instantly! Very fun!!

Paul Simon“Me and Julio down by the School Yard”. And ditto for this one. In my car, I’ve been listening to a copy of “Paul Simon’s Greatest Hits” from my friend Kelly…and this is my favorite.

Death Cab for Cutie“I Will Follow You into the Dark”. I’ve loved this song since the first time I heard it. I’m a huge fan of acoustical music and the lyrics for this one are very close to my heart. It makes me think of my mom and the way I felt during the last days of her life.

John Mayer “Waiting on the World to Change”. I love the entire Continuum CD. I think he has incredible music and brilliant lyrics. I like this particular song as it pertains to the state of our world right now.

(I've linked all the artists to Wikipedia and the songs/videos to YouTube.)

Now, to tag 7 vicitms:
Jill
Gina
Sara
Kristi
Cindy
Tia
Christie

7 comments:

abc1273 said...

Just a heads up..Check my blog soon for my top 7. After I read yours I found myself thinking about what my faves would be. May as well post em eh? Geesh, I wasnt even tagged. Your blogging is contagious. :)

Tammy said...

I'll tag ya next time - promise!

j.sterling said...

i love that you're into totally random songs... old AND new ones.. i love the death cab for cutie song!

Sara Wicht said...

please teach me how to do the links, I have a song right now that I think you ALL will LOVE!! but I want to be able to do the youtube link...

abc1273 said...

ME 2, ME 2. Want to know how to do the linkie stuff. How do you do that Tammy? Can you teach a blog class in your spare time?

abc1273 said...

Ok, the list is done!!!!!!

abc1273 said...

Still trying to get the pic posted is a mystery to me. I think it is too BIG. So, I shrunk it done on some infranview thingieee....Now what? Maybe a pic is not necessary. Look at my website counter......TOO FUNNY. Told ya I am just not computer savvy.