Sunday, April 29, 2007

Another PSA


I came home from work several days ago and Maddie asked me, “So, Mom - how was your day? Did you have anything stupid or unfortunate at the hospital?” It took me a few seconds as I summarized my patient list in my head. (Drunk car crash. 15 yr old riding an ATV without helmet. Unhelmeted motorcyclist who will probably die. Poor little old lady who fell off the toilet. Drunk guy attempting to climb a tree….)

I replied, “Mmmm, yep – I had both today.”

So, as our trauma patient census seems to be directly proportionate to the nice warm temperatures, I think it’s time for another public service announcement from yours truly.
1) Wear your seatbelt. Duh…
2) Wear a helmet. Doesn’t matter if it’s a bike, motorcycle or ATV. You kinda like your face and brain, don’t you?
3) Don’t drink and try to drive anything. Nope, not even a bicycle
4) Don’t hang out with people who carry around guns.
5) Don’t dive unless you know how deep the water is.
6) Don’t climb trees, houses or watertowers if you’re drunk or high.


Be safe!!

3 comments:

jilldaisbrenne said...

God bless nurses and other health care workers... I don't know if I could see the things you see in a day.... makes me grateful for those of you who can!

Thanks for the reminders!

abc1273 said...

Is is ok to climb trees, houses and watertowers if you aren't drunk or high? Cuz, if it is, I may just climb up on my roof and see if I can see your perfect lawn. :)

Tammy said...

You CAN climb trees, houses or watertowers if you are sober...just be careful.

And to clarify - my lawn is NOT perfect...just my lines:)