Friday, May 04, 2007

Have you ever...

Place an X by all the things you've done, and remove the X from the ones you have not done. This is for your entire life!

Have you ever:
( ) Smoked a cigarette? The only time I’ve ever touched one was when I would flush my parent’s down the toilet. Ewww. Gross. Yuck.
( )Crashed a friend's car?
( ) Stolen a car?
(X) Been in love?
(X) Been dumped?
( )Been laid off/fired?
(X) Quit your job? Never on bad terms
( ) Been in a fist fight?
( ) Snuck out of your parent's house? Too chicken...didn't want to get caught. Plus, my mom was pretty sharp...
(X) Had feelings for someone who didn't have them back?
(X) Been arrested? Are you all shocked??...I don’t know if I was technically arrested – it’s story for another time. Think 1988 - Bartles & James Spritzers - boys bathroom at the baseball park. Can you stand the suspense??
( )Gone on a blind date?
(X) Skipped school? Not in high school - just college
(X) Seen someone die?
(X) Been to Canada?
(X) Been to Mexico? Wild spring break 1991
(X) Been on a plane?
(X) Been lost physically and/or mentally? More mentally than physically :)
(X) Been on the opposite side of the country?
(X) Gone to Washington, DC?
(X) Swam in the ocean? Atlantic, Pacific and the Gulf
(X) Felt like dying?
(X) Cried yourself to sleep?
(X) Played cops and robbers/Cowboys & Indians?
(X) Recently colored with crayons? I love to color - I'm sad that my kids are out-growing this...
(X) Sang karaoke? “Oh Cecelia, you’re breaking my heart…” with my good friend Kelly at the Corner Bar in St. Michael. I got through the whole song before I realized by microphone wasn't really on. Looking back, that was probably a blessing for everyone present.
(X) Paid for a meal with only coins? I love to get rid of coins every chance I get.
(X) Done something you told yourself you wouldn't do?
(X ) Made prank phone calls? I think we asked if their refrigerator was running.
(X) Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose?
( ) Caught a snowflake on your tongue?
(X) Danced in the rain? I don’t think I really ever danced in the rain. I kissed Bill for the first time in the rain. My heart danced. Does that count?
(X) Written a letter to Santa? I’ve helped my kids; can’t remember if I did it myself.
(X) Been kissed under the mistletoe? Every year.
(X) Watched a sunrise or sunset with someone you care about or love? Best sunrise ever was with my sister Jill in Acadia National Park near Bar Harbor, Maine. Best sunset ever was in Maui with Bill on our honeymoon.
(X) Blown bubbles?
( ) Made a bonfire on the beach? Never on a beach…how about in our backyard, or the old sand pit in Eureka?
(X) Crashed a Party? When you're a freshman in college, do you ever really know any of the people having the parties?
(X) Gone roller-skating? Too many years ago to even remember…Herried, SD
(X) Gone ice-skating? Just last winter. How did I get so uncoordinated?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever:
(X) Smoked a cigarette? Unfortunately, too many times to count over years, but it has been at least 5 years since I have had a cigarette.
(X)Crashed a friend's car? We pushed the car down the driveway at my friends house to sneak out, then on our way into town, I hit a deer…..oops
( ) Stolen a car?
(X) Been in love?
(X) Been dumped?
(X) Been laid off/fired? Fired from Health Partners for talking on the phone too much during work ….darnit Mike! 
(X) Quit your job? I almost always cried when I had to give my notice, I had to quit anything.
(X) Been in a fist fight? Too many drinks, a boy we both liked and little tousle.
(X) Snuck out of your parent's house? My trick was to leave the door cracked slightly; I knew if when I came home it was closed, I was in DEEP WEEDS!!! But never did get caught.
(X) Had feelings for someone who didn't have them back? Doesn’t that explain most of junior high???
( ) Been arrested?
( )Gone on a blind date?
(X) Skipped school? I skipped lunch almost every day in high school, my friend lived a block away and we’d go to her house for PB & Banana sandwiches, but it did result in detention a few times
( ) Seen someone die?
(X) Been to Canada?
(X) Been to Mexico?
(X) Been on a plane?
(X) Been lost physically and/or mentally? Mentally is probably more accurate, but with my sense for adventure, I have been lost physically a time or two as well.
( ) Been on the opposite side of the country?
( ) Gone to Washington, DC?
(X) Swam in the ocean? Atlantic and the Gulf
(X) Felt like dying? Again, junior high….
(X) Cried yourself to sleep?
(X) Played cops and robbers/Cowboys & Indians?
(X) Recently colored with crayons? Kids are a great reminder for how relaxing coloring can be.
( ) Sang karaoke?
(X) Paid for a meal with only coins? I paid for gas with all coins once in high school too, just to get 3 gallons of gas in my tank on a Friday night!.
(X) Done something you told yourself you wouldn't do?
(X) Made prank phone calls? My friend and I would each grab a phone then have pretend conversations with our faux names, Ole and Lena.
(X) Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose?
(X) Caught a snowflake on your tongue?
(X) Danced in the rain?
(X) Written a letter to Santa?
(X) Been kissed under the mistletoe? .
(X) Watched a sunrise or sunset with someone you care about or love? The best sunrise has to be on my parents dock in Crosby, with my Mom next to me and a hot cup of coffee….overlooking Serpent Lake, listening to the loons sing and dance. The best sunset, with Mike is Mexico, lying in hammocks by the beach.
(X) Blown bubbles?
(X) Made a bonfire on the beach? Greatest moment on our family vacation to Michigan 2 summers ago, bon fire, beer, pizza and marshmallows while the sunset over Lake Michigan.
(X) Crashed a Party? Too many times to remember in college
(X) Gone roller-skating? My 9th birthday (golden b-day) I had a roller skating party and wore a matching skirt/top that was white with pink hearts…
(X) Gone ice-skating?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.