Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Hold on...puberty ahead

In an attempt at being a Good Samaritan to all of you with daughters nearing puberty, I thought I’d send this list of warning signs from my recent first-hand experience.

You know, so you can hold on and brace yourselves.


  1. Her bedroom door is usually closed with Pop-Rock music blaring from within
  2. Your straightening iron and other hair tools keep disappearing
  3. You find make-up powder all over your sink and covering your white towels
  4. She brushes her teeth three times a day without being told and you find used Crest Whitestrips lying near the bathroom garbage
  5. Hairbrushes are strewn strategically throughout the house
  6. Your ‘fighting” over who gets to read the third book in the Twilight series first when the paperback version comes out
  7. The cordless phones are “hiding” and the batteries are always low
  8. Hollister and Abercrombie have taken over her closet
  9. You inadvertently find yourself humming songs by Rihanna, Jesse McCartney and the Jonas Brothers and you have no idea who these people are
  10. She is almost as hormonal as you are...and it's driving the men in your house right to the brink.


All I can say is, “God help us.”




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear God. just wait, it will get worse and then many years till it gets better... welcome to my world.....

Kristy

KJ said...

Good luck. See you on the other side.

Blaze said...

*fingers in ears*
Nananana...I'm not listening!

Don't tell me stuff like this, Tammy - I'm still in denial about female puberty in our house.

Anonymous said...

Amen Sister! I feel like I have entered the Twilight Zone but it makes me laugh daily!

P.S. Is Target running out of Jonas Bros. folders considered a "crisis" or just a small inconvenience? Jury is still out on that one...

Angela said...

Oh, goodness, if my Maddie is half as hormonal as I am, I think all the boys in our house will move out to the boat in the driveway. At least I have you to go through it first and teach me everything you learn :)