Tuesday, September 02, 2008

4th Grade...Here they come!

Will and Maddie headed off to 4th grade Tuesday morning. They were both awake bright and early (5:00 am to be exact) to prepare themselves for the big day.

I don't think the kids have ever been more anxious to start school than they were this year. In fact, on Monday afternoon, Will had showered and was in his pajamas by 5:30 pm with plans to go to bed by 6:30. And Maddie wasn't far behind. They wanted the morning "to come faster."

I wasn't sure what to do! What happened to my little night-owls who have begged to stay up and play X-Box until all hours of the night for the past month? I actually said "No- you guys have to stay up a little later."

Am I crazy? Are they crazy?

The day went really well for both of them. They love their teachers. They love their friends. They love their new 7-pocket file folder organization system (yes-they take after me...) and they already have tons of stories about their new "really, really mean" bus driver.

Well, I guess 4th graders need a little drama here and there...

2 comments:

jilldaisbrenne said...

I hope this excitment for schools lasts the rest of your education years. Have a great year Maddi and Will!

(I see those black nails Maddi.. don't go goth on us!)

Sara Wicht said...

Your kids look so mature for 4th grade! Have a great year kids.