Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Update

Wow...I didn't know you guys cared so much!!!

Since I've been asked if I've given up on my blog several times in the last couple hours, I guess I'll fill you in on a few of the things I've been doing these past weeks:

1) Redecorating my home office to resemble the copy-section of OfficeMax. Between Bill in his role of Cub Scout Committee Chair and Pack Treasurer, and me being the Registration Coordinator for the kids' swim club, we truly have forms coming out of our ears. I thought about taking a picture of the chaos in this little room and then I remembered that I couldn't handle the camera properly considering the multiple papercuts all over my fingers.

2) Studying the fine details of Hy-tek sports software. Sometimes I can't believe they put a computer-illiterate person like me in charge of this thing.

3) Cleaning my carpets. OMG. How disgusting is it to see the filthy, stinky water sprinkled with gravel get sucked out of your carpet. Disgusting - yet incredibly fulfilling in some kind of sick way.

4) Watching The Sopranos. It's funny, but it seems like I need this mobster-drama with it's countless f-bombs, gunshots, and severed limbs to relax, calm my mind, and expel all my frustrations of the day. Thank God for Netflix - we've zoomed through 4 seasons in only a few short months. It started out a little slow, but now I'm totally addicted.

5) Programming my DVR for the new shows coming up this fall. Actually, a more accurate sentence would be: Instructing my husband on which shows to program into our DVR. I know if I don't come clean now on my inability to program that complicated piece of technology now - he'd only bring it up in my Comments, anyway. Thanks for being so smart, honey! The shows I'm most looking forward to: The Office, ER, and Brothers & Sisters.

6) And lastly, since I can't keep the secret any longer....I just like you all to know that I've decided to run for an elected public office. I haven't decided which one yet. There has to something available - city council? county commissioner? school board? mayor? Who knows! But the way I figure it, that should prepare me for the run for Vice President on someones ticket by 2012. Dream big, eh?

You'd all vote for me, wouldn't you?



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHHHH I got my Tammy fix. Just because I look in your windows every day it doesn't mean I know exactly what you are doing! Was that weird?
Stacy

jenny said...

i LOVE the sopranos! very addicting. i missed the last season though (i will have to netflix that)! oh, and i just put the office and er on my dvr tonight! whooot!

The Hertels (Paul, Tia and Seneca) said...

Hy-tek.....I am impressed!!! We use that at our office for our State Track Meets. You will do just fine Tammy.

jilldaisbrenne said...

OMG... and I would totaly (in your head use Sarah Palin's pronunciation of the word 'totaly') be willing to be a guest speaker during the convention week.

And maybe you should try to get your photo taken with every possible important person in the world NOW, so you don't have to cram that all into a few days once you are on someone's ticket.

Anonymous said...

I would vote for you! Are you going to start wearing pant suits? That would be sexy! lol
Liz

Tammy said...

I would totally wear pantsuits!!! Great idea!