Monday, November 03, 2008

Early morning

This morning I awoke at 4:45. My first thought was: OhmyGod...is this what menopause feels like??? I was so hot, my lungs were burning. I was so hot, my neck was sweaty. I was so hot, my feet were swollen. My second thought was : Great. This is my only day I get to sleep-in between October 12 and November 15.

So, I pulled my sweaty, feverish self out of bed, over Maddie's feet which were sticking out from under a blanket at the foot of my bed, down the stairs, and across the hard wood floor that felt like it was on fire. When I glanced at the thermostat. It was programed to be 66 degrees. And then when I looked at the house temperature (3 times) it was set at 93 degrees.

Yes, 93 degrees.

Holy sweaty cow! Do you know what a house feels like at 93 degrees? Did you know that a house could get to 93 degrees in a matter of several hours? I even have a hard time tolerating outside summer days at 93 degrees.

After waking my hot :) husband, and opening every window in the house; we discovered that the thermostat was broken. Maddie woke up amidst the early-morning chaos and told me that she woke up at 2:30 "feeling really warm", and checked her temperature because she thought she was getting sick.

Poor thing - glad there was no school today!

2 comments:

jenny said...

holy freakin' crap! that's insane! hope you finally got cooled off!

KJ said...

Yikes!!! I feel bad for your sweat glands, they had to be exhausted. Love the line 'Holy Sweaty Cow'!