Monday, November 09, 2009

YOU'RE ELEVEN!!

My eleven year old daughter is obsessed with getting a phone.

She thinks it's imperative to her survival in this world.
I think: YOU'RE ELEVEN!

She thinks that it'll come in handy when she babysits for C, M, and G.
I think: WE LIVE RIGHT NEXT DOOR!

She thinks that it would be so convenient to call me when she is done with swim practice or needs a ride somewhere.
I think: I ALREADY HAVE YOUR SCHEDULE!!! IT'S THE SCHEDULE OF AN ELEVEN YEAR OLD!

She thinks that she's the only kid in 5th grade who doesn't have one.
I think: I DON'T CARE! YOU'RE ELEVEN!

She thinks that she is totally responsible and take very good care of it.
I think: I COULDN'T AGREE MORE.

...BUT YOU'RE ELEVEN!

3 comments:

jilldaisbrenne said...

but how about when she's TWELVE.... maybe then??

The Hertels (Paul, Tia and Seneca) said...

Stick to your guns Tammy! I totally agree. I just got a cell phone last year and I was 35. But as we were sitting there getting it, Seneca asked me when she can get a "cellaphone" (That is what she calls it) and I just burst out laughing and said, "Your mother is 35 and getting her first phone so that should tell you when you will get yours". The cell phone guy didn't find me funny!!

Anonymous said...

SHE needs a cell phone!! It would be soooo much fun to text her. Just add another line, come on!!
Madison we will work on your Mom and Dad over Thanksgiving!!