Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Drunken Hunting

I kind of feel like I could do another edition of Stupid or Unfortunate today. But instead, I'll just share a thought with you:

I think there should be incredibly strict laws against intoxicated people handling firearms. Isn't that just common sense? Even for stupid people, it should be common sense, right?

And on a related topic...it should be illegal to hunt while intoxicated. It should be illegal to climb one's drunk ass up into a deer stand while intoxicated. And honestly, I don't really care if one's drunk ass falls out of a 15 foot high deer stand and breaks one's drunk-ass neck. But then don't complain about the incisional pain following the fusion of the vertebrae in one's cervical spine.

OMG...can you imagine all the trouble that could be avoided if we had laws against this?

But then I probably wouldn't have a job, would I?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just making something against the law doesn't prevent it from happening. The government's function is not to regulate stupidity, but to maintain basic security and public order.
-
You must be a democrat...

Tammy said...

How'd ya guess??

...but I LOVE rules and regulations:)

Tammy said...

Oh...and you must be a republican

(or maybe just my husband...)

Anonymous said...

LOL, Tammy. Nice post, Anon! =)

Actually, it already is illegal to hunt while intoxicated, even if you're carrying a bow. It simply doesn't stop stupid people from doing stupid things. It's the best argument for natural selection/evolution that I can think of. =)

Brad